Friday, November 10, 2006

Groove Armada in the sand



20 minutes on the bus from our apartment and we were out in the desert arriving at our destination, the Groove Armada concert under the stars. It was a very well organised event (unusual for Dubai) and the weather couldn't have been more perfect which is making for a welcome change!

The highlight of the evening - paying an extra DH100 for a "VIP" ticket which included the added "luxury" of access to a wooden viewing platform two steps up from the ground. How stupid was I to even consider that it might include a couple of free drinks. A small detail which was clarified for me after waltzing up to the bar and waving my super special uber-exclusive VIP wrist band demanding my free drinks.

1 comment:

bonsai foi said...

That's our Ash, nuth'n but V>I>P for this baby! MORE MORE MORE POSTS DAMMIT . . .